Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This RP has been closed! There's a new one: The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

Your views on religion?

Go down 
+3
Tenzin Shao
Fire Lord Vlace
Liao Lai
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Liao Lai
Admin
Liao Lai

Character Sheet
Position: Traveller
Nation: Air Nomads

Your views on religion? Empty
PostSubject: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:50 pm

I'd like to know what your views on religion are? What do you believe in?

I, myself, am a proud atheist. I do not believe in god, heaven, hell, the afterlife or any of that.
Back to top Go down
http://tla-rpg.omgforum.net
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet
Position: General
Nation: Fire Nation

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Oh this should be reeeallllyyyy fun.

Why don't you explain your scientific way of us getting here? Please. I beg you.

This is going to be good. *Rubs hands together in anticipation.*
Back to top Go down
Tenzin Shao

Tenzin Shao

Character Sheet
Position: None
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:59 pm

Nah, don't feel like it. Besides, there's a thing called the internet.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Haha.

"I am a proud atheist! But not really cause I am ashamed of what I believe in..."

"Go look it up cause I don't want to sound like an idiot when I say it..."

"I really don't feel like making myself sound stupid..."
Back to top Go down
Jang Mi

Jang Mi

Character Sheet
Position: Ba Sing Se, Earth Capital

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Athiesm is so bleak... There is no purpose to life, you're born, you die. That's it. If I was an athiest, I would have run insane long ago. Just because I could.

I'm a Christian over here 8D
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:20 pm

I couldn't care less about the purpose thing in life... It makes Christianity sound like it is there to just give you a purpose.

Atheism has no ground to stand on. They are scientifically making things up on purpose so it sounds like science is on their side but when in reality if you actually look at what they are saying it is like a story a three year old could make. Example: Evolution. Hahahaha. What a scientific joke.

And here is another thing. I use science to disprove evolution. Actually I can disprove evolution with out making one reference to any thing that is religous affiliated.(ie Bible, God, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Tenzin Shao

Tenzin Shao

Character Sheet
Position: None

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Don't even want to start the discussion. Honestly, none of us can convince one another. You think atheism with all its evolution is.. well, total bullshit. But I think the same of God creating everything.

Perhaps our minds are just incapable of understanding it, but that does not mean an entity, god, created everything.

Keep believing what you believe in. I'll just keep living my purposeless life.

And just a quick note, Darwin was not an atheist.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Have you researched him? At all?!? You should be ashamed of yourself for saying that. Go learn something before you talk. He was an atheist, chased away by his dad.

He hated his father. quick fact for you the top twenty ahteists that have ever graced us, eighteen hated their father.

And I know it is not all about evolution.

Big Bang, Abiogenesis, Chromosome count, Fossil Record, Gene pool, Strata, etc.

They are all fails and can be disproved so easily it hurts.

And proud atheist? I think not. You are just a regular(maybe not even that) atheist. Proud atheists snap at the chance to debate. Especially if it is friendly/ ;P
Back to top Go down
Jang Mi

Jang Mi

Character Sheet
Position: Ba Sing Se, Earth Capital

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:43 pm

You might have misunderstood about the whole 'purpose' thing. I mean, right now, we're living lives in the exact same pattern as the people before us... I would have gone on a mass killing spree, or joined a gang, grow pot for fast cash, then blow it all in one week, rinse and repeat...

Evolution... well I haven't heard of a case where someone's mutated another pair of chromosomes, but the theory is kinda plausible, so I'll leave it at that. Big Bang Theory is total bullcrap, on the other hand.

I'm pretty sure Darwin was atheist, agnostic at most. Also, wasn't the entire point of this thread for the purpose of discussion?

Oh, true that, proud atheists MUST bash on Christianity in every way they can, even when the situation doesn't even call for it. No other religion either. Just religion.
Back to top Go down
Bai Hu

Bai Hu

Character Sheet
Position: Traveler
Nation: Water Tribe

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 am

People relax... religion is a choice and a freedom. Everyone has their own views, and I think we should all respect them.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lei

Earth King Lei

Character Sheet
Position: Earth King

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:10 pm

That's why religion is typically banned on most sites, all it causes it deep arguments.
Back to top Go down
Taro

Taro

Character Sheet
Position: Wandering Swordsmen

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Yep, ban free speech, there's a good precident to set for our society.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your views on religion?   Your views on religion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your views on religion?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar The Last Airbender RP :: General :: Off-game :: Discussion-
Jump to: