Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This RP has been closed! There's a new one: The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

Atheism vs Christainity Debate

Go down 
+8
Earth King Lei
Haro
Hoshi
Commander Ryota
Taro
Tenzin Shao
Fire Lord Vlace
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet
Position: General
Nation: Fire Nation

Atheism vs Christainity Debate Empty
PostSubject: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:08 pm

So just to bug Tenzin and any other atheists I put this here.

So anyone interested in putting in a little in put about the subject should post here.

I am really itching for this to go down. ;P

I am a Christain btw just so you all know.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Position: Avatar
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 pm

i think that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and we shouldn't debate them so no one gets upset =D kthxbye
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Really?

If me and you went to a shooting range and you knew everything about guns. Everything there was to know about them. Models how to load and unload, etc, And I had no idea what to do... I was completely clueless and I held the gun up but the barrel was facing my chest...

You would just watch me and let me shoot myself?

"I mean... That is what he believes... And I don't want to offend him... It is his right to believe what he wants and I don't want to challenge him on it... What if he gets upset?!?"

Please let us be real. You don't want to debate and be upset on your fragile beliefs don't look. Simple as that. (I am not being mean... Just being real and frank. People that do the 'let us not talk about it cause...' is a pet peeve of mine.' )
Back to top Go down
Tenzin Shao

Tenzin Shao

Character Sheet
Position: None
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:36 pm

I would gladly watch! Very Happy Just kidding.

Back on topic...what do you want me to say?
It's not like my minuscule words will penetrate your head.
Back to top Go down
Taro

Taro

Character Sheet
Position: Wandering Swordsmen

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:40 pm

And that's the weakest arguement in the world. It's just being arrogant, and proving that same point about yourself. 'Well, since i obviously know everything about the entire universe. I might as well not even try to convince these people otherwise. Because they are so ignorant that my imponderable knowlege will never breach their wall of insensibility.' All that does is say that you are not willing to accept anything but your own ideals. It's hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
Tenzin Shao

Tenzin Shao

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:50 pm

That is exactly what I meant. -.-
Back to top Go down
Commander Ryota

Commander Ryota

Character Sheet
Position: Fire Nation Commander

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 7:26 pm

I don't worry about other people's beliefs if they don't want to believe in god and they go to hell for it then there is no one to blame but themselves.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Position: Avatar
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm

I did not say what i said because of what i believe, i said it because this is only gonna lead to bad things, you may believe what you want. And if you don't care about others beliefs then why create this thread ?

here il do it for you.

People who believe in christantiy believe in certain things, like god if i'm not mistaken.

Atheist people do not believe in god

there you go, you can debate that all you want, but what you shouldn't be debating is which is right or wrong, everyone should be able to believe what they want and practice what they want.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 11:38 pm

Avatar. So you are saying with that statement...

"but what you shouldn't be debating is which is right or wrong,"

You are saying there are no moral absolutes with that sentence, right? Just so we are all clear?

And Tenzin, Taro was talking about you. Just so you know.

Ryota read my first response to the avatar. You will see why we can't do that...

So Tenzin how bout it? Me and you. I promise it won't last that long. ;P
Back to top Go down
Tenzin Shao

Tenzin Shao

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 pm

I know he was talking about me...?

My point was that we're wasting time.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm

We are not wasting time.

We are having a friendly discussion talking about points of life.

It is not a waste of time. And I want to see what you say.
Back to top Go down
Hoshi

Hoshi

Character Sheet
Position: The 54th Earth King

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:20 pm

Im a satanist...
Back to top Go down
Haro

Haro

Character Sheet
Position: Rebel Leader

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 4:26 pm

your an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Hoshi

Hoshi

Character Sheet
Position: The 54th Earth King

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:12 pm

and your great, thank you
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lei

Earth King Lei

Character Sheet
Position: Earth King

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:17 pm

In my view, God will not prove your worthy of going to heaven, if he does exist, by whether or not you believe in him or not.

I believe your ticket is happiness and living life to the fullest.

God has given us no reason to believe, has he? No hope, our loved ones pass away, fear, no reason to believe.

He can't expect anyone to completely believe.

Religion is a choice, but the real fate is after you die.

I believe when I die I'll be dead, a total black out.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:33 pm

Alright Lei...

Why don't you tell us how we got here?

From the very beginning...
Back to top Go down
Commander Ryota

Commander Ryota

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:42 pm

that's not how its works lei god wont send you to heaven just for being a good person. You have to be saved and baptized, and believe and love him without any doubt in your heart. you can be the best saint on this earth but if you deny him in your heart then he will deny you.

Last edited by Commander Ryota on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:51 pm

Ryota... Tact.
Back to top Go down
Commander Ryota

Commander Ryota

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:02 pm

you cant have tact when dealing with faith its simple if you don't have faith in god and turn your back on him he will do the same to you. Its not sugar coated in the bible so why should I have to, it says it plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:36 pm

At some points I agree with you. Frankeness is the only way to go. But we are not talking faith here. We have already established it takes a certain amount of faith for a god or not a god. And we are moving past that. Also certain people can take that well, and others can't/won't. You have to know the audience before you start shouting down people. Look at Paul when he gave arguement for what he believed, versus just telling them frankness.

But we have moved past that and are now setting up the scientific debate. Lol. And not to be cocky, that is more my field. I am setting up the arguement part. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lei

Earth King Lei

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 am

How do you guys know what God wants?
Because of some book that doesn't even have an author?
Back to top Go down
Jang Mi

Jang Mi

Character Sheet
Position: Ba Sing Se, Earth Capital

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:34 am

I was about to make a response, and then Ryota just said everything I wanted to say...

If a book has no author, then how the hell was it written? Unless it was written by the hand of God himself... and I don't think that happened xD

Also, God will talk to people through dreams and visions, and the like, just so we know that he is a living God.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am

Lei. I want you to tell me how we got here...

Let us not try to glance the attention. Tell us how we got here without the hand of god.
Back to top Go down
Earth King Lei

Earth King Lei

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 12:56 pm

How am I supposed to know how we got here?
No one does..
People think they know, but do they really?

God is not a hardcore proven fact, he's simply you're imagination.

You know, it's odd, people don't believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or any other holiday mascot, but they believe in a guy who sits in the clouds waiting for people to die.

And this Satan guy? If Satan did split apart from God and made his own "hell" then why in the world would God allow Satan to take the unholy people?

Complete bullshit is what I think.
People read the bible and look for meaning and secret codes but what they don't understand is that if you read it as if you'd read a childrens book, it makes no sense.

We have slight evidence of Bigfoot, Aliens, Ghosts, and all that, yet people strive to believe something we have 0% proof of.

It doesn't take alot of explaining, it just takes intelligence of common sense.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Tell me Lei how you think we got here. And please anyone else that wants to jump in. But I ask that if you jump in or even read, to keep an open mind and really think for yourself about what is being said. On both sides of the discussion. Christianity and Atheism.

Last edited by Fire Lord Vlace on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheism vs Christainity Debate   Atheism vs Christainity Debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Atheism vs Christainity Debate
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Avatar The Last Airbender RP :: General :: Off-game :: Discussion-
Jump to: